2.02.2007

Were You Born This Way? Why I Hate Phones ~ Part III


Me: Hello, thank you for calling…blah blah blah

Phone Impaired Idiot: Did you call me?

Me: I’m sorry sir? What did you say?

Phone Impaired Idiot: Did you call me?

Me (exasperated sigh): Well, I don’t know…who is this?

Phone Impaired Idiot: this is *so and so* and I saw this number on my phone so I thought I’d call back and see who called me.

Me: Well sir, do you have any idea of who might be calling you? Are you coming into the hospital anytime soon?

Phone Impaired Idiot: no.

Me: Are there any patients here that might be calling you?

Phone Impaired Idiot: no.

(Is there ANYTHING helpful you can tell me at ALL that would save me from thinking you’re an idiot?)

Me: So you have no reasonable idea of who might be calling you from this establishment?
(I mean seriously people, I’m. not. a. mind. Reader. And I don’t care to be. Simple phone etiquette tells you to at least inform the person of as much knowledge as you can so to better help you in the long run. Moron.)

Phone Impaired Idiot: no, no idea.

Me: well it may have been a wrong number sir, if they didn’t leave a message I have no way of knowing who called you. This is the main number of the HOSPITAL, it could be hundreds of different people.

Phone Impaired Idiot: so you don’t know who called me?


Somebody please just kill me.

No comments: