2.01.2007

Excuse Me? Why I Hate Phones ~ Part II


Me: Hello, thank you for calling …. blah blah blah

Uninformed Family Member : Hi, uh…I need to know if my sister is in the hospital.

Me: Ok…what is your sisters name?

Uninformed Family Member: *so and so*

Me: sorry, I don’t have anyone with that name here.

Uninformed Family Member: Oh….uh..ok…*silence for 8 very long seconds*

Uninformed Family Member: So she’s not there? She’s in the hospital.

Me: no sir, she is not here. We are not the only hospital in this city. Do you know what surgery she was having? Heart, hip, back, etc?

Uninformed Family Member: no……ok bye.
*click*

Now for what I WANTED to say:

Uninformed Family Member : Hi, uh…I need to know if my sister is in the hospital.


Me: Then I would recommend you call your FAMILY and find out. Because I neither have the time nor want to do something that you, as a loyal and caring member of your family, should be smart enough to figure out on your own. I am not a psychic, I do not want to hold your hand and guide you through life and although I do appear to hold all of the answers in the universe…..your sisters medical status ain’t one of them.
Quit being a lazy idiot.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL, that is so true. Don't you just love the uninformed people.